Saturday 30 November 2013

NaBloPoMo - Reflections

So this is the end of NaBloPoMo. Out of 30 days I have managed to write for 26 of them. 2 were missed due to geeky joy and 2 to just being too damn sick to feel like writing. It's been an interesting journey and I'm fairly certain I will do it again. What have I learnt? Let me tell you.

Back when I first started blogging I would only post if I had a good picture to go with the post. I love taking photos so it seemed like a good idea. The trouble was I didn't always have a picture. So I wouldn't write. Then I wouldn't write for days.  Which lead to starting up again feeling weird.

I also used to think that I had to have something important to say. Assuming anyone was reading I had to give them intelligent discourse on interesting topics. Doing NaBloPoMo has made me rethink that. The act of writing was the important thing not what was said. I was exercising my writing muscles and any exercise was good.

I've been more thoughtful this month. I have let my mind wander and have been composing blogs in my head as I walk places. Not all of those made it to the page but it was nice to get thinking. I felt very in touch with the world.

I found myself wanting to write. And it wasn't always easy. Sometimes I would sit down full of ideas and be unable to write. Other times I would sit down thinking it was going to be a 2 liner and still be there 15 minutes later typing away.

I've remembered that I like writing. Chances are I'm going to blog more after this. Not going to set myself any kind of timetable but I'd like to see myself writing at least once a week.

All in all it has been a great experience. Thank you all for coming along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment