Tuesday 26 November 2013

NaBloPoMo - Sick

I am sick of being sick. Don't worry this isn't going to be a whiny post, I promise!

I have been ill for 34 days now with no sign of let up. It stared as a sniffle and I just assumed I was going to get my yearly cold. I pretty much only get one cold a year. Usually lasts a week and I grumble the whole way through.l I hate having a cold and as far as I'm concerned I get man flu hehehe. But a week and several loo rolls later I was still sniffley and had lost my voice to boot.  A week after that I had got my voice back but had a horrible cough. Now 34 days later I have coughed so hard I've hurt my ribs and we won't go into the grossness of the coughing.

In the end I went to the Drs and I am on antibiotics. I hate taking them but since I can't remember the last time I did I don't think there is any chance of me being resistant. I don't feel much  better though. I am coughing less but I'm still in a buttload of pain.

I thought you said this wasn't going to be a whiny post, I hear you cry. I'm getting tot he point I promise.

This is the first time in years I have been this sick. Yet I haven't' had any time off work. I am still working 2 jobs, walking 14.4 miles a week and frantically making Christmas presents. Partly it's because we can't really afford for me to be sick. Partly it's because I am so grateful to be working again that I don't want to create a bad impression. Partly it's because I just don't want to give in to it and become whiny.

I am tired. So very tired. I hurt. But I am grateful that I don't get sick often and know that this isn't really that serious. It could be so much worse and so I refuse to feel sorry for myself. I struggle to sit up in a morning rather than asking for help because I don't want to give in. I keep smiling and saying it's not that bad because I really don't have anything to complain about in the grand scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment