Monday 4 November 2013

NaBloPoMo - Frost

This morning was the first frost that I had noticed this year. I love this kind of day. It was blindingly sunny but cold. The sky was blue and all the frost sparkled like everything had been covered in icing sugar. Autumn is my favourite season for so many reasons. The colours are better. All red and gold and a shade of orange I actually like. The smells are awesome. Dry leaves falling to the ground. Wet leaves slowly rotting. That particular smell that can only be described as cold. You know the one I mean. It makes the inside of your nose hurt slightly but It's brilliant. Everything is changing and I love that. It's the death of the year and that is a beautiful thing. 

In the western world we don't like to think about death. It's something to be feared and avoided at all costs. It saddens me that people think like that. What is life if it doesn't have a conclusion? We expect a good ending from a book or a film but life? Forget it. That must continue on regardless of if the plot is wearing thin. Perhaps we should learn to appreciate the Autumn of our lives more. Enjoy this transitional phase and what it means for us as a person. It means that we have lived. We have left our mark on this world. Hopefully we left it a little happier than we found it. Hopefully we tried each day to make each encounter pleasant. Hopefully we smiled and cried and screamed. Hopefully we lived.

I for one am looking forward to my Autumn. I am grateful for the possibility of having one for a start. I shall wear red and gold and that shade of orange that I like. I shall walk through piles of leaves with a smile on my face and I will not wish to hold back the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment