Saturday 16 November 2013

NaBloPoMo - Earworms

I get earworms all the time. Don't be alarmed, they're not a parasite from Star Trek. They are songs you just can't get out of your head. I have a folder on my Spotify specifically for them. All the songs in there are ones I have had to listen to at least once a day, every day, for at least a week. I thought I'd share some of them with you so you can be infected too enjoy them as well.

Let's start with my current one. When I went to see Thor TDW one of the adverts was for Assassins Creed: Black Flag. The song on the advert was amazing so I looked it up when I got home. It's called Full Circle and is by a band called Half Moon Run.


Next up is a song By Sarah Donner. I looked her up as she is going to be on JCCC4. Sadly I won't be but the artists that take part in this are usually in my sphere of liking so I thought I'd check her out. She is great. This is my favourite. It's bouncy and just a little bit mad. Please be warned that this is Not Safe For Work!


I've shared some Marian Call with you already but I'm going to share some more. This is my very favourite of her songs and I consider it to be mine and Black Pig's song. It never gets played just once. Usually it's 3 times because by that point our throats are raw as all hell from singing along at full volume. The line "I'm bound for Concord and I'm conquered and betrayed" gives me chills each time. 


Just one more for you. I'm not a huge fan of Lady Gaga but this cover of Bad Romance by 30 Seconds to Mars works for me. It could be my long standing love for Jarad Leto or maybe a slight change in lyrics but I love it.

 

So now I hope you have some new earworms to take home with you. What gets stuck in your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment