Sunday 17 November 2013

NaBloPoMo - Time

I never seem to have enough time. It's there and it happens but somehow things don't get done. Everyday I have a list of things I'd like to do and things that need to be done. Rarely these days do I get through everything on the list and it's frustrating as all heck. I've tried looking at how I spend my time and this is what I've come up with.

168 hours per week:
40.5 at work.
10 travelling to work
52.5 asleep
6 having a cuppa and a sit down when I get in from work.
6 getting up and getting ready for work.
7 eating tea on an evening.
7 at least doing housework.
4 food shopping.


That leaves me 62 hours a week to do all the other things that need doing and anything I may want to do. That is supposedly 8 hours a day. Where the heck are those 8 hours? My day starts at 7 usually and I can account for all the hours up to around 7pm. Bedtime is usually around midnight. I know the time spent on things varies from day to day but I still seem to be missing 3 hours a day completely and badly utilizing the other 5.

I am a great believer in the to-do list. Without mine I would get even less done than I manage now. I find the list of things in my head over whelming and end up doing nothing. With a list I can at least focus on what I should be doing. I wonder if maybe I've been a bit lax with my lists recently and that is why I am all over the place.

I certainly need to focus more. There is just so much to do. I don't want to spend my life in the timesink that is the internet. I want to be making and doing. I want to knit and sew and bake. I want to write and photograph. I want to play games and talk with friends. I want to work and sleep.

Yet somehow I don't do any of that.

1 comment:

  1. I can certainly relate to the where is the time to do the things I want to do. I actually started imposing rules on myself to make sure that i have the time to do things such as no TV Saturday which basically means not just spending the day on the sofa with a mug of tea search for something to watch. i find doing that is the only way I can break the cycle of not having time for that.

    ReplyDelete