Friday 1 November 2013

NaBloPoMo - Millon Dollars

So a while ago I heard of this thing called NaNoWriMo. Write a novel in a month. Well I was never one for long prose really so it wasn't something I was gonna have a go at. Then some clever clogs came up with the idea of a blog post version. This I could do. But I kept putting it off. This month I'm going to give it a go.

A friend of mine, Josh Cagan, writes for the Yearbook Project. He writes beautiful short pieces from single word prompts. I'm going to try and follow in his footsteps a little and use the prompts supplied by Blogher ^_^ So the first prompt is this:

If you found one million dollars in the morning and had to spend it by nightfall, what would you do with the money?

It's a pretty easy question to answer. I would buy me and DH a house/farm where we could live according to our principles. The rest would go fund the causes I hold close to my heart. With that kind of money I could help so many people. I believe in the UK the maximum you can donate before tax is incurred is £10,000. Just think of all the different causes I could help. Sure, in a single day I could buy me and mine a lot of things. But here is the rub; We don't really need them.

I spend a lot of time thanking the universe for my luck. I have had rough spots and things have been close before. But I have never been without a roof over my head and food in my belly. I have never been in fear of my life. I have never truly wanted for anything. The older I get the more I feel that I have everything I need and all the rest is just want. So I would spend the money on others, try to get them to a place where they can feel like I do.

I haven't been given a million sadly. But I am doing what I can. For my next birthday I am refusing presents and would like to raise money for MSF/DWB which is a charity I admire greatly. If you would like to donate to that cause please consider doing so by clicking the button below. Think about something you would usually buy because you want it, rather than need it. A coffee on the way to work. A magazine. That computer game that you probably won't play. Donate that amount and help someone get something they need ^_^


JustGiving - Sponsor me now!


No comments:

Post a Comment