Tuesday 20 April 2010

Back up dress and bread

Morning folks. It is 8:24 I have had coffee, watered plants, fed rabbits and pulled some rhubarb ready for the cake I have planned. I was gonna make the cake before I got dressed (yeah I'm slack, I know) but the washing up will need doing first and I hate doing that in my dressing gown. I always manage to dunk the sleeves. The sun is shining today an my plans involve a lot of baking and sewing. Just realised though that I have beggar all butter left so I think I'd best run and get dressed now and pop to the corner shop before I do anything else. Ooh actually if I wash up first then they can be draining while I'm out. Plan!

The sewing for the day will be making the alterations to the Walkaway dress I wrote about here and making a back up dress. I would still love to have the Walkaway one done for Sunday but I can't start it till I'm certain all the alts are good and I can't check that til Spadger gets home. Bring on the dressmakers dummy says I! So I need a back up.

10:16
The rhubarb cake is in the oven and I only have one more piece to sew before I hit a brick wall on the walkaway dress. Need Spadger to get back to me about which marking I need to use. Then I'm gonna start on the back up dress. Pics to come on that one I think. Right now I've realized I've not had breakfast so it might have to be a cuppa and a couple of breakfast scones.

10:51
Finally sat down with the scones. More elevenses than breakfast now. I have Frankenstein's dress sat on the table. Bits are sewn on all over but with a cursory try on I think it;s good. Can't really tell without a mirror and someone to pin to to me. How dare Spadger go to work hehehehe

12:38
Well I made a mock up of the bodice I wanted on the back up dress and I don't think it's quite right. So, since I don't have time to mess around I'm going to go with the bodice I know works. Now I have another dilemma. The fabric I was going to use is just not quite how I remember it. Now I'm left with a choice of 2 others and no one here to help me. I'm notoriously rubbish at making decisions. Oh dear!!

2:03
1st lot of bread is just on it's second prove and I've started the yeast for the next batch. I'm on a bread mission today. All the pieces are cut out for the back up dress so I'm gonna start putting that together in a mo. First a we smackrel of something and a sit down.

10:39
I've been for a bath due to the terrible revelation that back up dress does not fit! Well, I can't get it on at the moment which may be due to the zip being too short or the dress being too small. I won't know for sure until I do some alts to it. Grr says I. However it is a masterpiece of sewing, possibly my neatest yet. Silver lining and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment