Monday 14 February 2011

The evils of strawberry plants

Now don't get me wrong, I loves strawberries. But the plants root like there is no tomorrow. Not long roots either, just tenacious. I spent Saturday clearing the old strawberry patch at the farm this weekend and my arms, stomach and legs are very aware of it.

It was a lovely day to be in the garden on Saturday. The sun was shining, the wind was gentle, the rain held off. Birds of prey were circling above, an owl kept fluttering by, the robins were following us eating worms. I got to hold a 3 day old piglet.

Oh yes, we're in piglet season again. I love piglets, they are just the cutest things. Next will be lambs and chicks and ducklings. Oh how I love spring.

Having taken all my weekly office anger out on the strawberries I was able to make pizza with out getting stressed. Pepper and bacon on a wholewheat crust. Yummy. Then we sat down to play on the Wii we have been loaned by a friend. Not a bad Saturday really.

Sunday was all about the dull ironing. Not my fav chore it has to be said. But it's all done now. I'm up to date with the washing, there is bread in the bread bin. the kitchen floor is reasonably clean. The hoovering needs doing and I really need to tidy my dressing table. But other than that the household things are up to date.

On the knitting front I am halfway through the fibre for my nebula challenge, halfway through one sock for my valentines challenge, ready to knit the front and back on Spadger's cardigan and have at least 2 other projects in mind already. I'm a block behind on the EcoQuilt challenge but I know what I'm doing for blocks 2 and 3 so I just need to get on with them. On the sewing front I have done nothing on my friend's coat (I'm a bad person I know), my Momma has commissioned me to sew a regency dress and jacket in 9 weeks and that is about it. My poor sewing machines are being ignored in favour of wool at the mo.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh fresh strawberries... gorgeous! and Piglets?? Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Love them!!!

    Youre a busy busy bee!

    ReplyDelete