Sunday 3 April 2011

So I'll post everyday in April......huh

Ok so I fell off the blogging wagon on say 2 but there is a good reason. Yesterday was manic busy.

We got up early to go to the farm. I'm afraid we had some unpleasant business to attend to with the last chicken from our first batch, Pius. I'm not going to go into the details, if you're interested read Spadger's account here. Needless to say Pius is no longer with us in flapping form. A sad day indeed.

We spent a long day at the farm. Me and my Momma cleared a whole bed of the nettle infestation that was living there. I love pulling up nettles. They fight back and you get a real sense of accomplishment when it's all gone.

It was then home for a very quick shower and into town where we grabbed a bite to eat, a couple of pints and then off to a gig. We actually went to see the support act, Admiral Fallow. You can find out more about them here. We've been to see them twice before. First time they were supporting Frightened Rabbit, then it was a gig of their own. Walking out after the support act was fun. We had to explain to 3 members of staff that yes ewe were indeed leaving not popping out for a smoke. Their faces were priceless.

Since that finished quite early it was home for a rum, some date and walnut flapjack and 2 episodes of Buffy.

See what I mean? Am I forgiven for not blogging?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day (Pius aside. SOrry to hear about that).

    Youre a braver woman than me with the nettles though!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Pius.

    Admiral Fallow are brilliant (1st read about them on Damn the Broc.'s blog)

    xx

    ReplyDelete