Monday 15 February 2010

Parinirvana



Parinirvana is the final nirvana which is realized upon the death of the body. This means that you have reached enlightenment and upon death will be released form the cycle of Samsara (not the perfume). Parinirvana day is the celebration of Buddha's achievement of Parinirvana. So, it is the celebration of his death day. (Anyone else think of Sir Nicholas in Harry Potter?)

For me the celebration of Parinirvana is done by trying extra hard to be mindful of my thoughts and actions during the day.

It's a short but sweet explanation folks as I am about to scraf down some food before going to see Food Inc. Hope you are all having a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to post an explanation - I do love learning about different religions and their beliefs, and I don't know that much about Buddhism.

    ReplyDelete