Sunday 14 February 2010

Kong Hei Fat Choi

Happy Chinese new year everyone. Me and Spadger don't do Valentines day, never have. If we can't celebrate out love every day there is no point! Fortunately for us neither do our 2 closest sets of friends. So, with Chinese new year falling on the same day, we have decided to have a group meal tonight. Everyone is bringing something. I'm gonna try and make some traditional red packets but I'm not sure what to put in them. We're not exactly flush so it'll be 8 pence rather than pounds that goes in but I'm not sure what else to add.

So my day will involve a lot of cooking and cleaning. This is starting to seem fairly usual for a Sunday. I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms from my sewing machine. I can't remember the last time I used it. Now I know it can't be that long ago but man it feels it. I have 6 more squares to cut out for the quilt I'm making and I have a pile, well, a PILE of refashioning to do before I can even think about making anything from scratch. I need to quit my day job to fit in all the crafting I want to do hehehe

As if I don't have enough to do I also want to make some cakes to take into work tomorrow. It is Parinirvana and I would like to introduce all my workmate to this.

Well back to the kitchen for me. The yeast should have risen now for the bread :o)

12:48
The bread is just beginning second rise, the cake is out of the oven and I have cleaned downstairs. I fully intend to spend the next half hour doing nothing and then start on the next round of baking when the bread goes in the oven. Then it's the ironing for me. A day that involves both vacuuming and ironing, my cup runneth over!

2:00
the bread is out, the cake has cooled, experimental muffins are in and I'm still trying to put off the ironing :o) Must focus! If I get the ironing done then I can have some sewing time before I have to start cooking for this evening. Right, I will start the ironing as soon as the muffins are done.

4:00
The ironing is done, yay. Now I am making a cuppa as I am freezing and then I intend to cut the last pieces for the quilt and maybe start sewing it. It's currently a toss up between sewing and a bath.

4:28
All the pieces are cut and stacked ready to sew. I've hit a point where I might as well not start sewing as I'm not gonna get much done. So I'm gonna have my cuppa and then have either a bath or a shower, whichever I have time for now.

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you on the PILE of refashioning. I want to make some kitchen sink scrubbies (out of spare washcloths and the plastic netting that oranges come in), but I'm making myself wait until the refashion pile goes down.

    We did celebrate Valentine's yesterday, but not in a commercial way. Instead of getting my kids those ubiquitous heart-shaped boxes of chocolates, I made homemade truffles (and boxes) for them. They were thrilled to have their own "fancy" chocolates. :)

    Can I ask, what's Parinirvana and how do you celebrate?

    ReplyDelete