Friday 5 January 2018

The weekly blog

So I've tasked myself this year to write a blog every week. It'd funny that I waited until the new year to start as I am so opposed to new year's resolutions. But the year started on a Monday and I liked the idea of a measurable 1 a week against the 52 of a new year.

I'm not thinking of it as a resolution though. Just like I don't think of any of the things I want to do as resolutions. It's just a to do list. I hate new year's resolutions. We all think about these giant changes we want to make and then we put them off until this arbitrary date. At which point we work really hard on them for a couple of months, realise that actually these things take quite a bit of time and effort, slack off, eventually give up. Rinse and repeat next year.

I'd rather we all took steps RIGHT NOW to make the changes that we want to make. To ourselves, to the world. Look at what you want to do. Look at all the steps it's going to take to get from A to B. Start plotting them and then just make a start. It may take more than a year. It may take your whole damn life. Don't give up if you fail or struggle. Just get right back on it again. Start over, make progress.

Life isn't just going to give you what you want. I mean, it might, stranger things have happened. But that chances are it won't. Which means work and effort and time and commitment.

So what do you want to do this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment