Thursday 28 February 2013

Blue sky feeling Blue

So it was a good day and a bad day.

The sky was brilliant blue and it was bright and cold. The perfect kind of day. The house was filled with sunbeams that the cat followed around. I drank tea and ate cookies. I sewed and scalded my finger tips ironing seams.

It was pointed out to me that I will probably never go on a JCCC again. There is this whole atmosphere that I will probably never feel again. I felt lost at that. I spent a week with these amazing people, many of whom I now call friend. Some are even family almost. The thought of never seeing them again physically pains me.

But I am reminded of how wonderful the world is now. The internet means I can talk to them every day either in text or skype. I can share photos of our lives. The world is in many ways a lot less lonely than it was when I was younger. I may not be able to reach out and touch these people, to share hugs and desserts. But I can be part of their lives. Perhaps having to communicate this way will help me improve my writing and photography just so I can communicate better.

I love you guys. I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment