Saturday 11 January 2014

365 project - In good hands

This one was hard for me. I spent ages thinking about what In Good Hands means. It means safe, protected, guarded, looked after. Trying to come up with something that embodied that was very difficult for me. Then I spotted it. Stuck to the side of my desk is a postcard I got a long time ago when I went on my first Buddhist weekend at the Madhyamaka Centre near York. It was a weekend looking at the concept of Refuge. That weekend I realized that while we all need people around us, a support group, our Sangha, the most important hand to which we entrust ourselves are our own.

That postcard has been there since I came back from that weekend nearly 10 years ago. It is a constant reminder to go for refuge when I need it to Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. To put myself into good hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment